Thursday, January 17, 2008

Year of the Rat


It's been a while since I've written anything... so now is the perfect time to start all over. It's the beginning of 2008. According to the Chinese New Year, 2008 is the Year of the Rat. Each year, the animal in which the year is dedicated to has specific traits. The rat supposedly has a few good traits, but many bad ones. The rat is meticulous, intelligent, and charming... and materialistic, manipulative, cruel, and may face an identity crisis at some point in life. Unfortunately, that seems a little bit late in my case.

So this year, my goal is to make sure that this year has no resemblence to the rat traits. I have already started trying, but this year, I'm going to "find" myself. It's going to be a positive year. I'm going to find a new job. I'm going to figure out what I'm meant to do with my life. I'm going to TRY to figure out what my relationship with God is. I'm going to try to mend all broken relationships. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. It will be free of materialism (at least mostly free of it... ) and there will be no identity crises. And it will still be a lot of fun. Most importantly, I read that those who were born in the year of the Rat will typically find love interests in monkeys, dragons, and oxen. I can pretty much promise that there will be no love interests in animals. Monkeys don't do it for me. I'm a unicorn man. Just kidding.

Anyway, here's to the beginning of 2008. The year of change and positivity.

No comments: